1987 - 2017: Our Domain is 30 years old
Les Automnales is a celebration of Wine and Food and is an opportunity for Jean-Luc, Anne and Laure to gather their chefs and sommeliers friends and share their passion for wine and all that is available from great chefs from around the world.
Paul Bocuse, a friend of the Colombo family and the historic patron of Les Automnales, will be honored during this weekend. It was decided to put the United States in the spotlight this year, with many leaders of the culinary landscape to be available to offer culinary delights throughout the weekend.
Les Automnales will be punctuated by:
• Sunday, November 5th, sommelier competition called “Trophée Colombo du Goût”will bring together the future great sommeliers of tomorrow, facing off to win the 5th edition of this prestigious trophy.
• The discovery of the Colombo domain viewed by a visit to the vineyards of Cornas andits steep hillsides.
• An introduction to the need and workings of draft horses in the steep local vineyards.
• A beekeeping workshop to understand the importance of bees in the field.
• A tasting of an old prestigious vintage of Cornas Les Ruchets in the heart of this historicplot.
• A preview of the 2015 vintage Cornas wines (considered to be the vintage of ourlifetime.)
• A vertical tasting of Cornas Les Ruchets will be orchestrated by Anne Colombo. The 1st Colombo vintage 1987 will be tasted to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the estate.